Register To Comment
Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Coolspeedbot: first feather weight robot

Team Kaizen

Looks like a neat lifter system, what is the MOD on the gears?

As far as working to the limits, I try to think of it like this - if I don't test my robot at the extremes of its operation, it is more likely to break in the arena when I really need it to work. If something breaks now, it isn't as big of a deal because it is in a controlled environment and you'll know about it, either to adapt around that limitation or make it more reliable for when you really need it.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    Looks like a neat lifter system, what is the MOD on the gears?

As far as working to the limits, I try to think of it like this - if I don't test my robot at the extremes of its operation, it is more likely to break in the arena when I really need it to work. If something breaks now, it isn't as big of a deal because it is in a controlled environment and you'll know about it, either to adapt around that limitation or make it more reliable for when you really need it.
    Thanks, the gears are MOD 1.

I think I need to reword what I mean by pushing it cause I'm going to give it some proper test like how much can it easily handle. But I'm more referring to still being in the mindset of being gentle with it, like treating it as the most fragile thing. It can handle it cause rewatching the test I've not tried to force the weapon to move more than it physically can do. i.e. keep the motor spinning after it's fully closed cause my mind keeps tricking me into thinking the gearbox bears are made of paper and will strip their teeth if the motor is spinning for a nanosecond after the weapon is fully open and closed.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamKnightshade View Post
    Looking really awesome so far, it will be interesting to see how much it can lift/push.
    Thanks, should get a rough idea at some point when I give that a test.

Sometime later, we have reached the final push. And with the robot near completion weighing 13.35kg. Here is CSB 2. Just need to do little jobs before the blue and black paint job.

Team Kaizen

Looks very neat, well done. Looking forwards to seeing it in the arena.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Thanks, can't wait to get into the arena in just over three weeks.

Thanks.

Register To Comment