Register To Comment
Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Coolspeedbot: first feather weight robot

Just a little animation showing the current conceived mechanism idea for the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by mackemforever View Post
    Just out of interest, what software are you using for your CAD?
    This isn't a CAD software it's actually a animation and modelling software called Autodesk Maya. I'm only using it cause my Mac can't run Fusion 360 which has been recommended to me before. I know it isn't really ideal for the job but it works for concepts.

Forgot to post these, I’ve started making a cardboard mock up of the designed panels to get a sense scale with the electronics.

Also I've been wondering in regards to the 6 wheel robot design and it's weapon linkage, how does one attach a lifter arm to a shaft? and how do you connect that same shaft to spur gear?

Tell you what, all the fully done bits so far look really neat an very solid, well done! Dont worry about upgrading to HDPE should run as is

not really solid given it's a test platform, the motors wobble slightly and the polycarb will not last long in battle so upgrading to the actual body made of HDPE is a must.

I meant the cardboard haha! Looks good none the less!

thanks

Finally made a new version of CSB's 2 wheeled design on the computer. In other news I got a sheet of 10mm thick HDPE for Xmas so when I get some new bolts and threaded inserts I'll hopefully have the HDPE parts of the body work finished sometime in the new year and then I'll worry about getting a Hardox panel for the wedge down the line.

Register To Comment