Register To Comment
Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Coolspeedbot: first feather weight robot

thanks

Did four hours of work to produce better motor mounts for my mock up of Wolf-E, now I'll just fit them to the base.

Just a heads-up, you can remove those 'flux guards' or whatever, those sleeves that fit over the motor. You just need to lift one side up near where the gap is and then pull them off, as they have a little nub on the inside which fits into the motor casing. Or you can leave them on if you want, it's up to you. I just find it makes it a little easier to mount the motors.

I tried to remove them once but failed. The sleeves actually help keep a snug fit on the mounts.

But thanks for letting me know.

added the front cross section of the frame and attached the base to it. Might have to use a thiner base and top plate as it might beach the robot. Fun fact my step-dad thought that I was going to enter this in events, not realising this is the wooden prototype of Wolf_E.

So after I made the mock up of Wolf-E I was able to better identify where the design was not working and I soon did a edit to the digital design. The main issue was that the frame was not fully designed with the method of how they was going to be bolted together.

Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 01.42.36.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-06 at 01.47.48.png

Looking good - so you've got an idea of where your attachment points are and what fixings you'll be using?

Yes, I'll be using bolts with barrow nuts for the frame and another kind of nut for the wheel covers I still trying to find the correct name of. I added the placements to the design.

Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 14.49.59.png

Edited design so the frame to interlock with the top and bottom plates and made wheels with bike tyre treads.

Register To Comment