Register To Comment
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Coolspeedbot: first feather weight robot

small edit to the 'blocks' shape

Screen Shot 2016-06-25 at 12.31.32.png

This is a concept I have investigated myself so it would be great to see it put into action!

You are more likely to catch the wedge on a join in the floor than on the edge of the pit IMO, o just put all small chamfer on the edge so no matter which way its going its going to ride over any bumps.

My idea has a small ~1.5kg reversible drum (this was for a FW) in the middle of the pivoting section so that I would always have a weapon no matter which way up I was, but just having it as a powerful passive slambot would be good too.

If you got under someone you could move the pivoting unit down, lifting the front of the robot up and getting your opponent properly off the ground!

Oh, ok I'll keep that in mind, what exactly is a 'Chamfer'?

I had considered the lifter idea but there isn't space for a motor and gear transmission to be added to give the torge needed to lift the robots.

A chamfer is a small rounded or diagonal edge so it won't snag on the arena floor.

Quote Originally Posted by leorcc View Post
    A chamfer is a small rounded or diagonal edge so it won't snag on the arena floor.

Oh I see, something like this?

Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 11.20.47.png

Update on progress:

Finally moved back home and some real work can start.

I made a scale model of the base plates and frame out of wood to get the sense of scale.

My uncle brought the 2 18volt cordless drills over and in the process of starting to 'hack' them I noticed that the main drive shaft slides out of the gear box, after which I opened and learned that for some reason the shaft and the gear it attaches to is separate pieces instead of being one whole piece.

now I'll have to get a new shaft for both my gear boxes and a different motor seeing as one of them is smaller then the other.

WP_20160802_001.jpgWP_20160802_002.jpgWP_20160803_001.jpgWP_20160803_002.jpgWP_20160803_003.jpgWP_20160803_004.jpgWP_20160803_005.jpg

So it looks like my uncle's drills have become spare parts (metal gears and motors), and a example of what drills I should avoid, ones with 2 speed settings and hammer built in.

thinking of getting this instead:
    http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebas...r---18v-623805

which might be handy, my dad has one so hopefully he might donate it to my robot building.

I bought all my drills new, these are the ones I used.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Duty...-/391523566523
    They're not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by R9000 View Post
    I bought all my drills new, these are the ones I used.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Duty...-/391523566523
    They're not bad at all.
    I see, cheaper and still within what I'm looking for, Thanks for the suggestion.

So I finally got more of a update on Wolf-E, I decided that I would treat Wolf-E as a learning curve so I have chosen to use cheaper 12volt drill motors from argos. I finally hacked them and got them ready for use. I had a test mount made to see how it will fit into the robot.

Register To Comment