Register To Comment
Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Coolspeedbot: first feather weight robot

Quote Originally Posted by overkill View Post
    You can get extra long shafts for the Banebots P60 gearbox; making your own shafts is a precision job that needs both a lathe and a mill.
    oh thats handy.

So the Receiver and drive mystery thickens. When I mix the Aile and elev channels through the mix 1, mix 2 and the V-tail mix on my DX6i the rudd channel suddenly has control over the left motor. The only way the mixing works is not using mix 1, 2 and V-tail mix and instead use Elevon mix instead. is this normal? or is something busted?

Don't Worry this thick-o work it out I had to set one of the mixes to -100% to get it to work

So I’ve been using Wolf-E’s test platform to help get a sense of scale with parts yet to be added such as the Lipo battery mocked up in cardboard.

I came to the conclusion that it’s possible to add 2 more 12volt motors and using HDPE. I can make a 4WD weaponless CSB instead of Wolf-E.

If you go weaponless remember that not every event will accept you - Insomnia rejected my completely finished pusher in favour or builds that had barely been started.

I already know about RoboChallenge's preference of active weapons, this version would be for live events and will gradually be upgraded until it reaches the more advanced design I have made of CSB.

Quote Originally Posted by dirk_kasten View Post
    You use two esc with bec. you should remove the red wire from on signal cable / connector.
    Already done that.

Finally got to test drive the Featherweight sadly the battery began running low before I could film it.

Finally got to film CSB/ Wolf-E driving in my kitchen. Even though it's not ready for the arena, I'm very happy to have something working and moving about at this point.

Register To Comment