Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How a new team sign up for events?

Hi guys,

Most likely the most stupidest question ever, but I wanted to ask about event sign ups.

I intend to build my first feather weight robot during the summer and would like to compete with said feather weight, how much notice does teams get to sign up to a event? and, where would these sign ups be found?

and in regards to being at events

would new teams get shown what they have to do before and after battles?

Check out the various live event threads. They usually have a link on the first post made by the event organiser which tells you where to sign up. Need to have an FRA membership as well.

Don't worry about it being your first event. If you make one of the pit crew aware of it when you arrive they will point you in the right direction.

Oh ok thanks Gary

No bother. And don't worry, there have been far far worse questions.

From memory when the "is the robot on" LED was brought in, that thread made it to 1000 posts or thereabouts.

oh wow.

So if I had a robot right now, I would be good to go sign up wise?

Youd be all good to sign up, though for whiteboards at heavyweight events (they have featherweight sideshows) you could potentially just turn up (best to tell them your coming of course) - only downside is pit space is only guaranteed for heavyweight teams.

Also whilst itd be ok to sign up if you had the robot now - just be aware there are other requirements before you enter the arena, like a tech check at most events. You can find those forms in the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfie489 View Post
    Youd be all good to sign up, though for whiteboards at heavyweight events (they have featherweight sideshows) you could potentially just turn up (best to tell them your coming of course) - only downside is pit space is only guaranteed for heavyweight teams.

Also whilst itd be ok to sign up if you had the robot now - just be aware there are other requirements before you enter the arena, like a tech check at most events. You can find those forms in the rules.
    oh yeah I saw the tech check in the build manual

What is a build manual ? Never heard of it before.

I mean the build safety pdf

Hes being light hearted at the idea most roboteers just put things together because they think they might work rather than actually researching it :P

Register To Comment