Register To Comment
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed controllers to use with mobility scooter motors?

Hey Tom! Would like to pm you but my work internet wont let me I work a seasonal job but when im back for 3 months over christmas i live with my perents in the Biggleswade area, so if you need an extra member id love to join in! Ta!

I'm running a Vantec on the E30-400 Ampflows, if you can get hold of one then go for it

Which model is popular in heavies? Even the large Vantec RDFR47E has much lower ratings than the Vyper and costs three times more.

Robot Power ain't that popular in Europe. The market is divided between Roboteq, Wottie and Vantec.
    With Mytras and 4QD as exceptions.

The 2 machines I'm sure of that use the older Robot Power Sidewinders are Bullfrog and Gravity.

Is that just due to the difficulty of buying them, or do builders go with older model ESCs 'cause they see them in existing bots? I know the Sidewinders had a chequered history but at least Robotpower replaced the first batch free of charge. Here is Australia, the small Scorpion ESCs have been popular and reliable.

Another new ESC option is the RageBridge 2. If you use 4 pole Ampflow motors, you can drive one motor with a RageBridge in bridged mode. Less current handling than a Vyper but better than the Vantec RDFR47E at a much better dollar per amp.

I recently ran the largest vantec with T64s running at 8s (so 33.6v give or take). Vantec survived two locked up T64s, one burned out completely. Solid controllers for sure.

I'm very interested in the rage bridge due to the cost and size.

Only reason I'm running the Vantec RDFR47E is because I have one already and know it it's a solid controller, sure I could go and source something more powerful but why spend money I don't need too

Snowlabs; I've done some serious testing of motors lately and have found some rather spicy ones (as this is a new build I am taking on id rather keep the models to myself) - however a fantastic supplier of High power DC motors in the UK (such motors used in cncs and the like) are: http://www.ellis-components.co.uk/

They usually deal with larger orders but if you have exactly in mind the spec you want they are more than helpful. They offer modern equivalents to classically used motors such as the Bosch GPA 750.

Also if you have the cash Parvalux do some spot on motors! I cant say who uses them (sworn to secrecy); but I can say is he is a friend with a world champion title bot and has used them for many years!

Also stick with the Vypers as they have plenty of beneficial extras! However they are not well tested in battle yet...

Register To Comment