Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Events in Scotland / North England

Majority of events are way down south unfortunately for us . There was an event in East Fortune for years, but it wasn't there last year, not sure if thats coming back and likewise with Glasgow Comic Con, there was also a BW Scottish championship last year in Glasgow. Obviously, Robot Wars in/was in Glasgow too...so it's getting better up here than it used to be

There are a few of us up here, i'm in Glasgow, Jamie and Gary are in Aberdeen and Liam is in Edinburgh and each of us has been involved with HWs and FWs.

FWs are definitely a good start to the sport and theres plenty of help out there. Likewise BW and AWs, but theres no AW events up here and last year there was 1 BW event, not sure if thats coming back or not.

Hope that helps!

We are in North Yorkshire, not very helpful but we do have our own Mini arena for testing (10mm Poly walls, 5mm roof, 4mm Steel frame). If you are ever in need of a hand just give us a shout and we may be able to work something out.

As for events, I believe Barnsly is the most northerly HW/FW event run by Roaming Robots. We did hold an open BW event at the York STEM center. Still not close but better than London.

Hasn't been a Barnsley one in a few years I don't think. Glasgow is closer for Comic Con anyway

Hi Alex. The 30a model ESC on Ranglebox will happily run a single drill motor. The 85a version will continue to be out of stock for a while; Botbitz (the supply) are taken up by a Battlebots (American equivalent to Robot Wars) appearance this month.

Welcome to the forum, also!

Register To Comment