Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Events in Scotland / North England

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately there isn't a lot of feather action happening up here, we usually have to travel south for it. The main event featuring feathers now is probably Robots Live at Glasgow Comic Con. RL have yet to announce their dates for this year's smaller events but they've done the Comic Con for two years now so hopefully they'll be back again this year. The Comic Con is on September 24th and 25th at the SECC.

As Tony mentioned, they also used to have an event in June at the National Museum of Flight just outside Edinburgh but the museum was undergoing a revamp last year so it never went ahead and there is no word yet of it returning this year.

Other than that (and Robot Wars now being filmed in Glasgow), there isn't much up here. Tony and I do have a small arena setup that we used to use for some public demo events that can accommodate non-spinner feathers, so depending on our availability, we could maybe throw it together somewhere over the summer just for a friendly event/Scottish social. Only just thought of it so haven't run it past him yet

Thanks for volunteering me on that one :P

Could be good fun, got to do something to fill my 6 weeks holiday Depending on timing of Robot Wars being released a more public appearance might be on the cards too.

Register To Comment