In the summer of 2001 we arrive at the venue in nottingham for Robot Wars series 5.
We were due to meet Exterminator in round one and really had no fear.

Having learnt my lesson at the auditions in Sheffield I carefully drove Immortalis into the main arena....then a member of the crew whispered in my ear-can you place it in under the spotlight....after much shunting and twisting and turning
I managed to break the one wheel steering mechanism drat.
So smooth as silk Exterinator drove in and I was a sitting duck
Initially I was making throat cutting gestures to cancel the bout but within seconds I thought I wont get a second
so gave it a thumbs up to start.
Exterminator struck a nasty blow thru the roof of Immortalis which took out my bots right eye-my teamate let rip with the lifter and combined with thier spiked axe getting stuck -they were up ended.
Refbot seperated us but by this point immortalis could only drive forwards or backwards or in the direction the wheel was turned and exterinator-due to a bent front scoop could only go backwards-yes It was a non fight and shunt managed to obliterate the light up planter again-still good fun
Immortalis went on to play in the football in techno games under the name celestial terror.