Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st feather bot build

Unless you want to build your own bang bang controller i dont see any reason not to use an ESC.

It's a general term for contact controllers where by as soon as they engage it's full power or nothing. I would recommend the botbitz TZ85 controller, they will last you for years and can power pretty much any brushed motor you could find for featherweight combat.

Ranglebox is the UK distributed for them, just keep an eye on when they come back in stock.

Here's the thread for that conversion, I'll be doing that once they finally arrive from Hong Kong (grumble shipping times grumble): http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/thre...hlight=hacking

I got the cable from HobbyKing for programming the chip directly, means you don't have to solder on separate programming wires, the only electronic mod you need to do is bridge the on/off switch.

I was told you could get away fine with one TZ85 for each pair of drill motors (one for left, one for right). I'm working on a 4WD 18v design too.

Register To Comment