Register To Comment
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [FW] Wedge Spinner in time for Robo Challenge champs!

Valkiri and his brothers all run on 2 or 3 D20xD25XL30 sinterbronze bushings. Never had one fail.

On hardox, a 5mm front wedge is among the stronger in the class. If angled well.

You can definitely use the fuse as a removable link but you need a connector that isn't going to pop out from an impact. Most of the auto fuses bases will do in a pinch, but using something like an EC3 or XT-90 connector from Hobbyking will be stronger and more reliable. I cut the guts out of 200A fuses and solder them to the back of an XT-90 and its been very reliable.

You need one fuse and link per battery and to save weight and complexity, I would really try to go with just one pack. As long as the drive ESCs can take 22V, I'd run everything on 6S; its not that much of a jump from 5S as a percentage.

Including P&P Harry... Even from Belgium.

In short, yes, there are cheaper ways to aquire a custom made pulley.
    Several roboteers have acces to a lathe and are willing to make parts for "enemies".

Looks like Harry can sort out that pulley for me then after talking further! Great

Had some parts waiting at home when I got back this evening, here is some of them!
    20160311_220435.jpg
    I know the 100A plush is a bit overkill, but I've used plush ESC's a lot in the past and I feel that they are a reliable choice and they are easy to reprogram if needed

A 200 A fuse is what I chose after blowing a couple of 80A ones, Its based on being less than the maximum current spike the batteries are rated for but more than the weapon ESC. For that battery in the photo, the fuse should be lower than the 165A peak the pack is rated for.

That pack is rated to supply 82.5A continuously and 165A for short periods (usually around 10 seconds). Most packs will get quite hot when running near their continuous rating and my guess is that your set-up will be pushing the pack hard if you powered everything from it. I would look at using around a 4AH pack rated for 65 - 130A to be sure you have enough current capacity for all the motors.

BTW: where did that hilarious pulley quote come from? I'd definitely take up Harry's offer.

Register To Comment