Register To Comment

Thread: electric motor help

You could just take it to bits and see what's inside. I'm assuming that the 2 speed mechanism is a sliding sleeve that engages or disengages a further set of gears.

As far as the torque value goes, you probably won't be able to find a figure. Chances are for featherweights, it will be enough regardless of which setting for the rpm you pick.

Yes the brushes issue is the most common reported fault. Did you have any problems with the movi-motors?

I only have experience with the magmotor S28-150. And I don't like'm at all.
    Running hot even unloaded.

I'm an Iskra convert. The small 24V 800W ones from Arena Killer are decent enough, and pretty usable on 36V.
    The 24V 1.2Kw versions in Bullfrog are rocksolid. Those are the motors I want for more heavies.

I'm assuming this is for drive. The mags are great motors if you gear them correctly. With regards to the 48v version, they have only just come out so are essentially untested in the arena anywhere in the world.

I'm now a convert to the T64s from NPC / robot market place. Lovely motors and so handy having the motor and gearbox in a single unit.

Register To Comment