Register To Comment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heavyweight limit

If Robots Live changes to the BBC/Mentorn 110kg, the FRA insurance doesn't cover the Robots Live events.

So the 110kg robots can only drive at robots live events ? Or Jonno will have to increase aswell

Despite not owning a HW, I don't think the Live events should up the weight limit to 110Kg. Keep it at 100Kg.

The Mods done to the regular 100kg bots to make them 110kg that I have seen haven't been to major; a few extra parts welded on, slightly bigger tanks, more batteries etc. I am assuming that teams kept the original parts so they could easily swap the parts out again to bring them in line.

Weight limits have been going up incrementally in quite a few weight classes (BW, FW, HW) for various reasons and it needs to stop IMO. They are dangerously powerful now without giving teams even more weight to play with.

Your completely wrong in your thoughts there Mario. We dice coded on the weight increase for the reasons I gave above. Most of the machines that turn up to
    Live events wouldn't have been able to remove 2-4kg off their machines to make it useable to an enforced 100kg limit, and the show certainly wouldn't have had any of the interesting adaptations we have seen from many of the top machines. It HAS made a big difference to the quality of the show and not there to stop people attending live events. Alan was part of that decision making with us and he's certainly not wanting to stop robots attending his events. If a weight limit is correctly enforced, there's a maximum of 8kg allowed.

In what toughts am I wrong?

Timeframe, nothing the roboteers could change.

The feeling it was a way to make the dedicated TV machines unsuited for the Live events.
    Nothing more than that, a feeling. Not a truth. Not an accusation or anything else.

The adjustments made the excisting machines, we'll see that on TV if it made a big difference.
    The increased weight on the dedicated TV machines, we'll see that to on TV if it was worth it.

But I'm still not happy about yet another weight increase. Oh well, I could start building middleweights.

Has there been any more clarification on the 'you can't fight in other events' rule?

Register To Comment