Register To Comment
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Heavyweight limit

Teams were told the day the BBC finally made the decision to sign off. It wasn't Mentorns/Robo Challenges or anyone else's fault it was delayed. Imagine how we and the set builders felt having the decision left so late... We are all in this together to help the sport by putting on the best TV show possible. BBC also had to sign off every team that entered which is why that decision was made so late.

I am sure teams can appreciate this.

The weight limit is purely for the reasons Grant gave. Most teams are currently overweight and yet BBC needed modifications in a very short amount of time to make them as exciting as possible. It wouldn't have been possible with an enforced 100kg rule. Again I hope teams understand this.

Out of interest, for a possible series 2 would the 110kg weight limit carry over, or would it be likely to go back to 100?

If most teams are overweight, it's up to the teams to make sure their machines comply to the rules, and to the EO's that the rules are enforced.

I tought that a sleightly overweight machine was allowed to fight, but not getting any points or simular in the stats of the EO's competition, and that the weight should be rectified as soon as possible.

I'm not sure where the idea about a secondary weapon has come from, however this has never been part of the criteria.
    All teams knew about the show at the same time, which didn't give teams long to prepare, however it's better that way than not have a show at all.
    I understand that a lot of teams are upset they didn't get in, and that because they have been in the sport for 10-15 years or more that they are entitled to a space on the show. That's not how any competition works, and there just aren't enough spaces for that. Going by the current live event line up, there isn't enough variation or unique machines to choose only those. The % of wedge shaped flippers to other weapons types on the live circuit is far too high for a TV show. I hope people understand this and start to think outside the box to make interesting and exciting machines for both the TV and Live events alike. Just being in the sport for a long time doesn't make public want to watch a show show and this series really needs to kick off with a bang for the success of the future of the show.

A lot of teams have made extroadinary efforts to create some excellent improvements to their machines and there is a great mix in this new series. I hope that people can take this on board and understand why this is so important to get right.

Register To Comment