Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heavyweight limit

Welcome to the FRA forum Robin. Nothing ever stays on topic here for long, it's just the way it is.

If anything, spending time with a heavyweight these past few weeks has given me a renewed appreciation of the lighter weight classes.

No kidding. Bullfrog comes in at 96kg with a full bottle and that was plenty heavy for me.
    Last edited by leorcc; 8th March 2016 at 08:41.

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    Did the contract over live events/robotwars get resolved
    That was kinda what I was asking too.

It was resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by typhoon_driver View Post
    It was resolved.
    But by 'resolved', what do we mean? Can competitors run in other events? And if so, what does that part of the contract actually mean?

It was resolved to the satisfaction of the roboteers taking part.

The time limit for everyone wasn't fair. But it's what we were given. Want to appear on the show? Get your arse in gear.

There was the grand sum of around 2 weeks advanced notice over xmas. With postage times the way they are over xmas essentially useless for receiving parts.

Thankfully since the first one is half way through filming I suspect there would be more notice with a second series.

Out of the 3 heavies I have they all weigh under 100Kg. this is OK I have fought many machines that weighed between 90Kg and over 110Kg in the live events as many people put Hardox panels on for shows and replace these with aluminium or similar for the comps.
    Only in the championships have I seen the weight limit enforced, I don't care what people do with weight at the moment I'm happy to just run my robots at 100Kg and let the rest make up their mind I do remember one team's robot being weighed at over 130Kg didn't bother me.
    I'm sure there is no conspiracy or plan to sabotage anything, build to 100Kg as I get older I can tell you gaining weight is easy loosing not so easy!

Register To Comment