Register To Comment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New to Combat Side Of Roboteering so here goes my list of most likely Newby Questions

im just trying to make it into a body shell so i know where im going from there for the positioning of stuff

The lifting blade/flipper on Flatulence is 3mm steel, and the Hardox blade on Lynx (now First Lefts) got most of the way through it in a few areas, and all the way through by a mm or so. But if it's nice and angled, it should deflect the majority of the blows.

And I'm glad it's been a bit of an inspiration. The whole robot has pretty much been a lucky accident, with no serious design having gone into it yet winning almost every battle/event it has been in (damn you FHQWHGADS!). The key though is simplicity and reliability, that seems to have gotten it through. Almost no maintenance required at events

Nearly done with the cad, then will look at the materials. Thanks for letting me know about the lifting platform material Jamie and how it coped. Still in the mist of watching countless BW fights on youtube to see whats best thickness and stuff xD

Gid up and went to sketchup for the 3d picture of the damn thing. Its all coming together (on paper) nicely. just looking at a couple motors and stuff today.........yeey more research :P

Its beginning to take shape :P http://prntscr.com/9wsfcr

Just drafting up the motor/wheel design and with dimensions it looks like the banebot wheels wont fit properly on the Ranglebox 1000rpm motor.........can someone confirm if its just me going crazy and they do actually fit on the motors shaft with the hub please. :P

The CAD looks fantastic! Keep up the good work! Doesn't look like they do, but im not the best person to comment im afraid! Im sure if its just an issue with your shaft there may be someone who can suggest a method of making it fit!

I can confirm that the Banebots wheels fit onto Ranglebox motors, so long as you have the correct hubs. It's what I use on Flatulence and now Spin Cycle.

DSC_0518.jpg

Register To Comment