Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Motor Equivilent

Agreed; any brushed motor has issues with impacts. I used to go through a set of Magmotor brushes every 3 or 4 matches and that's on a good day when the magnets didn't come loose .

yeah you'd be silly to go brushed pancake *looks nervously over at perms in the corner of the room*

Has anyone ever looked at industrial frameless brushless motors? They are a DIY type of motor where you get the stator and rotor and you make your own case, bearings and output shaft. I used to think they were a bit too difficult to use but after hacking a Rotomax the idea is less daunting.

Motenergies are good motors indeed, much better than the original Etek IMHO. The brush setup is magnitudes better. Cant imagine any hobby brushless motors approaching its capability for the price.

Lemco changed the way the motors were produced to make them cheaper to manufacture apparently. The old ones were great but there's a lot of talk about the latest ones being by so good with shock or direction changes. A good hardened motor is the Agni 95 or or wind. Cedric Lynch moved on from Lemco and has been designing these newer motors with his new company (now called Saietta Group). They look the same as the Lem's but much improved.

Good vintage

The rotomax 100cc should reach 9nm of torque. The 150 is a size bigger. With the higher RPM compared to brushed motors you can play more with the gearratios. I believe with some gentle persuation and battlehardening the big brushless are a fine option for weaponmotors.

Register To Comment