Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motor Equivilent

That looks like an Etec. Anything that comes close will be expensive and/or heavy.

What is the purpose for the motor?

Don't forget the import tax and duty!

Sadly you'll struggle, at least with brushed at those power ratings in the UK. Similar high power motors would be LEMs, Perms or magmotor (now called ampflow). You can occassionally find some of them on ebay but it is rare.

I can't recall the exact details, but a US heavy builder used a Perm motor and destroyed it in it's first match - apparently the winding is poorly supported and impact shock crushed the wiring & destroyed the motor. Have you tried searching Alibaba to see if the Motenergy motor is available cheaper direct from China?

Why not looking at the more modern solutions. A Rotomax 150cc for example.
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=31195

I'd like to see how that performs in a heavy! IMHO, it is more expensive than an Etec brushed motor as you need a large ESC rather than a contactor to drive it. If Hobbyking has it in the local warehouse along with a suitable ESC, that might make it cheaper again. The Rotomax will probably also need battle hardening along the lines of what I did to my Rotomax 1.6.

The Rotomax 150 is over 10Kg lighter than the Motenergy ME-0708 and much smaller, which makes it an interesting option if you wanted extra armour.

Most of the commercial brushed pancakes seem to die every time they have a sudden stop or reverse. Brutus as point in case, and even the champion of LEM's , Storm 2 went over to the traditional side with the changeover to Ampflow.

In sort, even the venerable Bosch 750 needed battlehardening. But as far as I know, there isn't a EU or Aussie roboteer that battlehardened a Brushed Pancake with any degree of succes.
    I know I won't even try. In my opinion the construction of the basics is way to feeble.

Register To Comment