Register To Comment
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA/ Robo Challenge International Featherweight Championships - 1st - 3rd April

Popped a new bearing into Drumroll's drum at the weekend to get it running smoothly again......and discovered the whole thing is bent in the middle! Not sure when it happened as I haven't spun the drum since last year, so I'm guessing either 722 in the drum-off or (maybe more likely) the massive impact with Galactus. If it's the latter then it shouldn't be too much of a problem as it ran for the rest of the competition fine after that. If it's the former, then the bend is putting an abnormal load on the bearings, wearing them out unevenly and increasing friction, leading to the fuse blowing.

Will need to do some checks to confirm but if so, this might be the first year since 2007 that I enter a non-spinner into a full combat event. Either that or I'll just nick the drum from 720, it'll be a perfect fit

(Seriously, it actually will)

Just arrange to get the drum hit on the opposite side to straighten it out - I'd be happy to help you with Mr Mangle .

Enter Onyx Jamie

You know you want to

If Drumroll's goosed, I will be

We'll be coming to this one John's letting me drive B8 again and I'm building a spinner for Emma to enter. Got all of the parts and the spinner mech is ready- just need to build the chassis around it

We have some lovely surprises ready this time

Booked my hotel (Good find with the Premier Inn Jamie) Although this is perhaps a bit presumptuous if there's applications again...

Register To Comment