Register To Comment
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA/ Robo Challenge International Featherweight Championships - 1st - 3rd April

Well, Gadget Show Live is in (I think) halls 2 and 3 this year, follow the signposts and we'll help out if we spot you

Which day are you coming on? Test day is tomorrow, if you're going then - tournament will run Friday through Sunday I believe, be there for about 8-ish every day? Given last couple of years I've been to have been like that, I imagine it'll be much the same!

Poke your head in one of the doors near the arena and call for someone to come over and give you the pass :P that's how last year went down at least. Have a blast everyone, hope to see lots of pics and videos!

For anyone coming for the first time.

Normally by now we would have been sent an info pack which has details like where to go and when. Assuming nothing has changed since last year, here's what I would advise.

Aim to get there for 8am. Everything must be unloaded before the show opens at 9am.

I find the NEC staff to be about as helpful as a chocolate teapot, and getting a loading pass to be more hassle than it's worth. So I would advise park in the carpark nearest to the hall we're in (Hall 3) and walk it over. (Easier with trolleys, help).

Normally passes are handed out by someone from RoboChallenge who's at the entrance (or Hall loading door). If not, there's normally a group of us waiting to go in; as exhibitors aren't allowed in until 8. I assume most will head for the Main Entrance.

This year the NEC seems to be selling priority parking to exhibitors, so make sure you don't mistakenly buy this (unless you want it of course!) We get parking passes once inside, just flash this as you leave the car park at the end of the day.

Site Map:
    http://www.thenec.co.uk/media/3161/site-map.pdf

Event Floorplan:
    http://www.gadgetshowlive.net/__medi...--8-3-2016.pdf

See you all there!

As PJ has kindly put up. Thanks PJ!

Yes we normally send an info pack out however we have been tied up on a minor event you might have heard of

Please arrive by 8am. Those who havnt been tech checked will be done before the show opens at 9am. Roboteers brief will be at 9am. Q1 starts at 10am

Passes will be at the exhibitors badge collection out side hall2.

Best of luck everybody!

The car park that we have to park in this year (E1) is actually a hell of a walk away from the hall so it may be best to obtain a loading pass for this if you have a lot of stuff to take in. While the NEC staff can be a bit useless sometimes, we've never usually had much trouble getting a pass. For those who haven't been before:

- Head to car park N12. This is right at the top of the NEC complex (see site map that PJ linked) and is just next to the on-site Premier Inn. When you get there, the steward will take a note of your registration plate, ask where you're headed (say you have stuff to unload for the Robo Challenge stand in Hall 3) and take a contact number from you, then issue you with a loading pass. This allows you access to the various hall loading areas.

- From N12, turn right at the small roundabout, through the gatehouse, and follow the road round to the right. You will get to a mini roundabout, where you need to turn right (you'll see Hall 3A in big letters on the right). Go past Hall 3A and look for door 3.3 or 3.2 (depending on which one is open). From here you can load your stuff in and the doors are right next to the pits area.

- Once you've loaded in, collect your passes and then take your car round to one of the car parks, then begin the long trek back to Hall 3!

The draw for the 2016 World Champs:

Friday

Q1

Explosion v Omega v Mr Mangle
    Defector v Flatpack v Twisted Sister
    Endevour v Minimoth v STiff Breeze
    Hatchet v Tormenta 3 v Legion
    Surveyor v No Toy v Scruffy
    Fissure v Devils Coach Horse v Django

Q2

Night Fury v The Unamed v Drumroll
    Binky v Tony Smith (TBC) v B2