Register To Comment
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA/ Robo Challenge International Featherweight Championships - 1st - 3rd April

Quote Originally Posted by overkill View Post
    Or you could make a snap-in battery like a drill pack - that would save me 650 grams in one hit.
    Speaking of which, what do you do with cheapo cordless drill battery packs and chargers when you've robbed the motor? I have four of them now, and all I've used them for so far is briefly testing motors. Any ideas? I know I could just chuck 'em, but there's got to be a better way. :P

Most of the batteries in cheap drills are the weakest link and can supply so little current that they are only good for testing. A clever friend turned the shell of the old drill into quite a good LED torch, which seems as good a use as any.

Yeah that's the problem. Maybe I'll try putting them in parallel with a big old capacitor and make a coil gun. xD But yeah, I like the idea of an LED torch.

When's the draw?!

I know you guys are probably extremely busy, but would there be any chance of receiving the info pack by midday tomorrow? We'll be heading down the road tomorrow afternoon so it would be nice to get it read and the details printed off before we leave. Cheers

Roboteer

Quote Originally Posted by RogueTwoRobots View Post
    Tether it to your removable link, they're not counted in the weight. Or if your removable link weighs 120g, then you're sorted
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Now I'm wondering about making a removable link in the form of a 4mm Hardox top plate which completes the circuit when it is put in place. As long as it was held down by some sort of clasp or something so no tools were needed it sounds perfectly within the rules.
    The only items excluded from the weight are safety covers and locking bars that are removed when the robot is activated.
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

Buzzkill! Even though I got one configuration of the bot underweight WITH the camera, I decided its not worth the hassle and I needed to cut every gram to get under the airline baggage weight.

No Bot in a Box by airmail this year, Nick?

Any one doing testing tomorrow?

And please please please can we have the draw? Pretty please?

Register To Comment