Register To Comment
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BBC Robot Wars

Ds1638
    Done

Yeah, I feel there's gonna be a lot of glued togethers, I can only hope it'll make for more interesting designs than just flippers, flippers and the occasional spike. I know I'm going to try to create something vaguely interesting, though I only have a old flipper chassis so that might be a pain

Hi Guys

As mentioned if you would like to apply please email robotwars@mentorn.tv and you will receive it. The weight has been increased to allow people to make their robots unique and interesting, not for hardox... As you can imagine we have lots of applications and limited spaces. With so many flippers being around its imperative that your robot is as unique and interesting as possible.

The BBC have also launched the Official facebook page for Robot Wars (no other pages are to do with the show) which can be found here. Please like, share and talk on here https://www.facebook.com/BBC-Robot-W...7507380080282/

Once again thank you all so much for your support. Its a very bright future indeed if all goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by james...venom View Post
    The weight has been increased to allow people to make their robots unique and interesting, not for hardox...
    You know what, thats near the exact wording on mentorns documents from when they increased the weight limit to 100kg - worked brilliantly :P

At the moment unfortunately due to the arenas available there are quite a number of flippers because they are very effective. As they are all well designed and streamlined we know they wont have weight to make their robots unique without making big changes or starting again. With the short time scales available, the 110kg limit allows teams to make additions to their robot to improve them which is more feasible.

Ds1638
    Being a newbie team, maybe next year. A few events to get things going and make sure DUMBLE and ACE are up to to the level for the heavy weight class. Good luck to you teams participating )))

I heard that new houserobots are being build for that exact reason.
    Nothing for sure though, but it feels like the right thing to do.

Register To Comment