Register To Comment

Thread: event advice

If you want statics, or maybe some demo runs around some cones, then some local teams might come.

If you plan to do any fights, then no one will turn up with their heavyweights - its a case of, if you believe the Heavies are safe enough to just have random fights in the middle of a crowded event space.. then you shouldnt have a heavy.

It used to be done to an extent in hay bale arenas so on. Ive not heard of these kind of events since i started attending (09), and i doubt people would travel to attend that kind of event anymore - testing in a closed off space is different, but not an actual "event"

The haybale or light fence arena days are long gone.
    No longer is a standard heavy a RC controled wheelchair with less power than a high end kitchenrobot.

If you want to attract heavies for a charity event, a static display is the best you can expect. Unless you get one of the 2 heavyweight arena's available in the UK.

The arena's I refer too ain't fixed, but are mobile.
    Roaming Robots/Robot Wars has one, Robots Live! is the other event organizer with a heavy weight capable arena.

Both are refered to in the list of Event Organizers at the bottom of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by maddox10 View Post
    The arena's I refer too ain't fixed, but are mobile.
    Roaming Robots/Robot Wars has one, Robots Live! is the other event organizer with a heavy weight capable arena.

Both are refered to in the list of Event Organizers at the bottom of the page.
    Yeh if youd like to hire those arenas out for a charity event, honestly wouldnt recommend it as itll probably loose you alot of money.

Register To Comment