Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie - help neededHow do

Just out of interest, How do you come to have some Bosch 750s? They're like gold dust these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Ds1638 View Post
    I want something really different and have the ability to beat razor and beast lol
    Ummmm... Razer doesn't compete any more, it hasn't fought competitively for over 10 years. You may be thinking of Tiberious, and in terms of weapon force, Tiberious beats Razer hands down.

Don't start by building a HW, they are just to costly to build and maintain. Go Featherweight or Beetleweight!

Go for it and build a heavyweight if you have parts already and seem to have done your research then that's awesome.
    Hardox for sure over mild steel. You can get it fairly cheap if you ask around. John Findlay gets 3mm equivalent to Hardox at a good price.

Ds1638
    Such good advice thank you so much guys. I will start a build log very soon. How do particapate for for the for time ?, do you need to register for the events ?

Ds1638
    A friend had some Bosch 750's in his garage from an old attempt. I need to go for heavy weight due to the hardware I already have. What happened to razor ? It was one of my favourite robots !!!!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Ds1638 View Post
    What happened to razor ?
    She is totally fine, just a little old -

Hi Dave,

1. What would be the best frame and armour design material ?

Hardox this doesn't require a frame you can email some one with the shapes you need and they can then cut them (usually water cut) then the panels can then be taken to a welder and there you have the shell, it costs but it will get you what you want.

2. Would strength be a higher priority than speed ?

Depends on design, usually both, speed is not everything as the arena tends to slow down the fast robots due to size and floor condition.

3. Flipper design or something different ?

If you want to win Flipper every time (almost every time) there are lots of people who have honed this weapon, so you just have to copy them and follow heard. I would go for a simple ram robot at first just getting something that won't breakdown in a three minuet fight is a worthy 1st year goal!

4. How do I participate - do I just turn up on the day or is there meets before the competitions ?

not advised just contact the Event Organiser (EO) they will give you details of what time to arrive etc, the information for events and EO's are on this site.

5. What amount of spares do you recommend that I take per competition ?

this depends on your robot best bring a lot to start with and then with experience you will trim down to what you really need.

6. Who fancies a one to one battle )

Sure any time you get a machine going I'll give it battle.

things I found when starting.

1/ this is harder than I thought
    2/ it costs more
    3/ it takes longer
    4/ progress in making something different and effective is really slow.
    5/ But the fun you have and friends you make. It's worth it.

Haha ...Craig you took your time to have a pop at the boring flippers !!
    We all know you love them really !!

Register To Comment