Register To Comment

Thread: Rewinding outrunners for more power on lower voltages

Does anyone have any links for how to rewind motors to use more power on lower voltages? Outrunners typically are higher voltage and I'm not sure I have the space or money for HV... If anyone has any advice or resources that'd be massively appreciated

Cheers

It's not worth doing, honestly. I've done 10 and only get about 50% success rate. Almost always end up having to redo a phase or two cause its shorted out across the top or bottom of the stator, that and doing it single wire style absolutely wrecks your hands!

Most good motors have the windings epoxied down too, so you end up damaging the insulating varnish on the stators while getting the windings off. The only "easy" ones to wind were the DIY scorpions, they don't appear to be for sale anymore.

Just go for a larger motor to account for the voltage loss, specially if you're going hobbyking spec Should be lots of 3000w + 6s motors anyway.

Why bother, Valkiri2 was impressive enough on 4S with the NTM5060.

Cheers, in truth it was Decimator's motors that gave me the idea... If it's not worth it though I'll have a look at either the NTM 5060 or NTM Rotor Drive 600 or something, I wanted the higher power solely for a fast spinup but it looks as if it'll be rather impractical with everything else I'm trying to shoehorn into the machine too, assuming I can't go high voltage...

Register To Comment