Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESCs for 18V 775 Motors

Hate to say it, but you've wasted your money on those "320A" escs. If they don't burn up, you won't be able to sell them. Money down the drain and they won't do the business in the arena.

You might be able to find a set of electronize cheap second hand if you put a post in the wanted section which would do the job better than the 320A esc.

If their the ones that can handle 16v and have the then they will probably work as ive usiveed them in my 2 and you can run 2 550 drill motors at 4s on each esc but I found that you either need a gyro or a good transmitter strait line

If your over volting them then they probably wont last long and there are also 2 versions 1 will go from forward to reverse with no problem ant the other stops when u slam it into full reverse making driving a proble so I hope u get the good 1s

I had a look at various of these cheap ESCs with mixed results... Have a look here: http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/thre...heap-drive-esc

General consensus was though that the 20A ones work with 550s after a lot of modding, but those "340A" ESCs are pretty naff for anything larger than a 550 even with mods..

I wanted a cheap option for my first featherweight, so I opted to build my own ESC.. Cost me about £25 and lasted fine for 12 fights before blowing up in testing. Got a pair of those cheap 20A chinese ESCs, and they lasted a good number of fights before blowing up, then I stuck my heavyweight ESC in there whilst waiting for my next design of ESC to be built, then my next ESC blew up on the first day of the championships, so I've stuck a 5th new one in there now, and this is all within the space of one year.. In total I've probably spent over £150 designing and building these ESCs, and they're always the main point of failure with my bot (though getting more reliable as I get better ), and all but my heavy ESC wouldn't be good enough to drive those 18v 775s. On the other hand, if I'd just bought a pair of TZ85s I'd likely have had basically no problems all year and only spent £60 (would reprogram them myself as that's easy enough). Picture below shows all but the latest version (which is currently in my feather), and is in the order of oldest on the left.

Sadly don't think there is a cheap option when it comes to ESCs, unless you're already experienced in building them (I can build my own for <£20 now). I would still encourage more people to try building their own; I've learnt so much from it and developing new controllers is one of the most interesting parts of the sport for me, but in the long run it's not necessarily cheaper.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Register To Comment