Register To Comment

Thread: RogueTwo Robots clearout

I've been taking stock of all my robot stuff and re-evaluating my approach to it all. Decided that I've been getting a bit too sprawly with things and living outwith my means both in terms of what I can build with what I've got (tooling, space and time-wise) and what I can actually afford. The reality is that I'll never get round to building half the things I want to anytime within the next decade, and I'm getting all adulty and wanting to save to get on the property ladder in the next couple of years, so scaling down operations in the Cave of Blunders. My loss can be your gain though, so here's what's up for grabs. All prices aren't including P&P but I'll use myHermes for everything as it's nice and cheap compared to Royal Mail:

SOLD Bosch 400s:

12V flavour, but I believe can be rewound for 24V use for around £25 a motor.
    Looking for £40 each or £70 for both, plus P&P.

SOLD Rubber tracks. Taken from a Tonka toy bulldozer a few years ago. Planned to go on a featherweight but won't happen anytime soon:

£10 plus P&P.

Small drive platforms. These were spares/back-ups for the ones used at Scot-Bots events but were never called into action. Could be a starting point for a beetleweight. Aluminium chassis, four motors (and four spares), wheels, 6xAA battery box and on/off switch included:

£15 each or both for £25, plus P&P.

Removed from sale Linear actuator. Taken from an electric lifting table in a vet practice. Was removed as the clutch mechanism became dodgy. Still works but would need to be used in conjunction with limit switches:

£5 plus P&P

Battery chargers. Tried shifting these before without success and probably won't manage it again now that almost everyone is on Lipo, but worth a shot! Two Pro-Peak Delta Nicad/Nimh battery chargers. Can charge 4-8 cell Nicad/Nimh packs (4.8V-9.6V) at slow/trickle or fast rate. Comes in a flight case box with extension bar, removeable cable for easy transport and setup and charge leads fitted with Deans connectors:

£15 plus P&P for the lot.

SOLD And finally, any interest in Scar? I know I've been planning/saying that I'm going to get it up and running but I don't see it happening any more. I've already spent a lot on it yet still don't have any batteries, chargers, ESCs or parts for a weapons system (bar the hydraulic pump) for it, and would still have to factor in a trolley and other additional gear which I have neither the space for, nor a suitable car for transporting it in. Would rather give someone the opportunity to get it up and running sooner.

I want to hold on to one set of drive motors and wheels, so there are a couple of options available:

Original setup - consists of the chassis, top panel, disc (temporary undersized shaft currently fitted), wheelchair motors (rewired) and go-kart wheels. £150.

New setup - as above, but with 300W Leroy Somer motor/gearboxes (see second picture) and a pair Storm 1 style wheels replacing the wheelchair motors. The motors are very torquey and run faster than the wheelchair motors. Will still include the original go-kart wheels. £200.

SOLD Also looking to sell the 500W hydraulic pump shown in the second picture. Plan was to use this to drive a hydraulic claw on the robot since HW spinners currently have no suitable arena to fight in. Made by Kenny (ALK) and is an excellent piece of engineering. Can be supplied with either setup or sold indivdually. £150 plus P&P.

Obviously the Scar setup is too heavy to post but I will be at Robots Live/Glasgow Comic Con on 26th/27th September and at the KE Iron Games final in Bromsgrove on 29th November so can bring it along to either event.

That's all for now, will have a few other small bits and pieces to post once I'm back home next weekend. Any interest in any of the parts, drop me a PM or a message on Facebook.
    Last edited by RogueTwoRobots; 15th September 2015 at 18:17.

I'd like to get my hands on Scar but I'd need to know what speed controllers an batteries should go with it.

If it was fitted with the wheelchair motors, you could probably get away with TZ-85s as the ESCs. The newer motors are still reasonably low-current but maybe Victor 883s or something with a similar or higher rating. Battery-wise, go for lipos if funds allow. It's what a lot of UK heavies are using now, with no ill-effects (Alex's recent issue with his budget heavy aside :P) and what I was planning on using too.

Weight wise, the chassis is 3mm steel and weighs almost 25kg. The motors are another few kg on top of that and the original go-kart wheels are silicone filled so are about 5kg a piece. So any international shipping is organised and paid for entirely by the interested party :P

Update

Bosch motors sold.

Tracks sold.
    Drive platforms sold pending payment.

Will have the hydraulic unit is it reversible by changing the motor polarity ?

Quick update.

The Bosch motors, tank tracks, hydraulic pump and Scar have all been sold. The drive platforms are sold pending payment.

I've removed the linac from sale as I'm not sure if it's functioning correctly, plus I might end up using it for something. Had a look at the weekend and got a couple more small things to put up later.

Register To Comment