Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beetle spinner parts

I have the aluminium version on my Truggy and though slower as advertized it is a good servo. I don't know how well the plastic housing will stand up to that torque though.

You probably could but your BEC might struggle to run your drive and that, you can get a separate BEC or just run it straight from a 2s Lipo like i am, neither will be that expensive.

I can recommend this monster: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

These are what power the pay-to-drive Kinematic Events lifters/flippers. Cheap and seemingly solid. You will need a separate BEC capable of 5a or more to power it or others.

I was looking at one of those but it seemed a bit slow, I've driven your pay to drive robots a fair bit and the flippers are actually rather quick, i believe you used springs to help them along though? which is something i can't really do in my design.

I did, but those were for self-righting aid. The flipper didn't really change speed with the springs (maybe fractionally). The servos were at essentially 1:1 to the flipper, so on the ~80deg range that's barely 0.3s from end to end. Still fairly snappy.

Also the springs were actually very simple in the end. A pair of torsion springs from small pound-shop plastic grips, in-line with the flipper pivot. They just float there. This can work for 4-bars and rear-hinged designs too - a terrible picture.

Quote Originally Posted by daveimi View Post
    can you run it straight from the receiver?
    Yep. The one in Flatulence is running straight from the receiver, although the receiver is powered by the separate BEC that I mentioned. And as Sam said, you could also run it directly off the battery if you're using a 2-cell lipo or battery of similar voltage.

Register To Comment