Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Were are they now

This might have been said before if so im happy for the thread to be deletedAnyway I've emailed channel 5 on the were abouce of the house robots and were are they now.Well we no were metilda is but were are the rest.When they reply to my email I will post it for you guys/girls

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G View Post
    This might have been said before if so im happy for the thread to be deletedAnyway I've emailed channel 5 on the were abouce of the house robots and were are they now.Well we no were metilda is but were are the rest.When they reply to my email I will post it for you guys/girls
    Do you even read what you have typed before you post it? Its like its been written by an infinite number of monkeys with one broken typewriter.

Anyway, what you think is Matilda isn't actually Matilda, its just a copy. As for the others, there were always two of each hose robot for TV and maintenance purposes (From S4 on I think) but like George said, they are around and still in reasonable, but not running condition.

Yes I do read my thread it doesn't help be dyslexic. And that probley not how you spell it

I didn't think matilda was

I did ask channel 5 if they had any un-seen photos from the public eye

Quote Originally Posted by dragonzrmetal View Post
    Anyhow, the Matilda in the arena is not the original, however the shell was cast from the original mold. John of Roaming Robots/ Robot Wars is in possession of most of the original molds, I can't remember which ones exactly, I think he has molds for the original five.
    Four of the original five - Dead Metal didn't have any notable fibreglass sections. Interesting, they were found on EBay.
    I believe the original shell the Roaming Robots/Robot Wars live event used for Matilda was courtesy of Alan Gribble, and was returned to his University for display when he passed. As for if this shell was original or fabricated, I'm not sure. I have the feeling an original shell was given to someone once, but that could be nothing, I've read a lot over the years.
    That shell was a fixed original that Pussycat had cut into and was given to Alan Gribble (RIP). He fixed it, built a duplicate Matilda and Jonno borrowed it.

I don't know why they're not in John's possession yet, but I'd hope that happens some day as he now has the legal right to use the likeness of the house robots, as the license was bought from Robot Wars LLC. There was a picture circulated recently, dating from just the last few years of all the house robots in good health on shelves in storage. There were multiples of a few robots, Matilda and Dead Metal specifically I believe. I have no idea how much it would cost to get the original house robots up to modern combat standards or if it would even be possible. It would be nice to see though, even if it was just for the retro fights.
    There were lots of spares and the broken parts were built together to make publicity duplicates to have photos taken with.

Where the House Robots are isn't relevant.

The old House Robots wouldn't survive full combat featherweights nowadays. They are under powered and breaking. They'd need a substantial rebuild if they came back anyway. It's more in Jonno's interests to start over and make a more powerful replica than finding the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G View Post
    Yes I do read my thread it doesn't help be dyslexic. And that probley not how you spell it
    Alright. You could try typing your comments in Word first to clear up any spelling and grammar issues. It will make it much easier for people to understand what you are saying/asking.

That auction never finished. I believe Jonno came to an agreement with the seller outwith the auction format.

House Robot weights-
    -Shunt: 105Kg
    -SGT Bash: 120Kg
    -Dead Metal: 112kg
    -Matilda: 116kg
    -Sir Killalot: 520Kg
    -Growler: 375Kg
    -My Psycho: 750Kg
    Last edited by Eventorizon; 20th August 2015 at 10:12.

I love this notion that older heavies or house bots would somehow get beaten up by modern day FWs (maybe a bit exaggerated but mostly to point).

Yes modern FW spinners are vicious, but that's when they're against machines that weigh the same as them. When a vertical spinner hits an opponent, it goes upwards. When a horizontal hits an opponent they fly off in opposing directions.

If a vertical FW spinner hits a heavyweight or old house robot, the HW might be lifted up a bit, but not by much. Due to the sheer weight difference, the majority of the force would go back through the feather's robot/weapon system, causing more damage to itself (bent shaft being a strong possibility). Similarly with a horizontal, the opposing HW or house bot isn't going to go anywhere, the feather is just going to keep pinging off it until something gives. The most the HWs will receive will be a few cuts and bruises before it's game over for the FWs, and that's without factoring in the HWs ramming the feathers into the walls.

We have damn good featherweights in this country, but let's not get carried away.

For the record, I said the house robots not the competitors. The original four house robots are glorified kids ride-ons.

Register To Comment