Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Were are they now

You said house robots, Alex said competitors. Assuming the original four house robots were running, and in the state they were in come the end of filming, they still wouldn't be overly troubled by FW spinners, give or take some cuts or gouges.

Wow.... how to get insulted by the english police much lol! Jesus...... but i agree with jamie a feather weight wouldnt happily tear up a heavy/house robot that easily. Lets not be silly

"Modern FW's would give any non-spinner HW a serious kicking. As an example, most current UK HW flippers are 3mm/4mm Hardox. Most FW's have the same type and thickness of armour and most spinners can go through it anyway."
    I would love to play with ALL the FW spinners with Cherub any time.

That'd be pretty cool Craig lol

Knowing how big company's like the BBC work, i'd put money on the fact that the old house robots have been chucked in a skip by now, After being disassembled.

Believe it when i see it... don't hold your breath.

The picture surfaced recently, but I don't recall seeing any timestamp on it, so the picture itself could be several years old. Everything looked a bit too clean or intact for things that haven't been used in over ten years.

I'm with Dave on this one, not holding my breath, especially after years of the question getting asked over and over again. At the end of the day, what were beloved icons of a historic TV show to us were just stage props to the production company/TV folk.

Well still no reply from channel 5. Maybe I might get a reply mid week

I have seen a photo of another house robot called shove that wasn't on TV.
    I think it was the original ref bot

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G View Post
    Well still no reply from channel 5. Maybe I might get a reply mid week

I have seen a photo of another house robot called shove that wasn't on TV.
    I think it was the original ref bot
    Well yes, its quite well known

http://robotwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shove

And being honest, you not think if it was that easy we wouldnt know where the house robots are by now?

Chances are no one from Five will know, so I doubt you'll get an answer from them. The actual making of the show would be done by a production company with the footage then given to Five to air.

Mentorn produced Robot Wars, so they would have been the owners of the House Robots. As for shove it was still being used during the qualifying rounds as a clear up Bot. It was built by students for Derek Fox.

Register To Comment