Register To Comment
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [BW] GR-01 Build Diary

Look ace
    can`t Wight to see some vids

As long as the mount doesn't mind the forces (3DP reliability is tricky in robots bigger than really tiny classes) you should be able to just mount from the front.

For timing belts, I strongly recommend HTD-series tooth profile. These can be had in 3mm pitch (search HTD3) which is ideal for beetles. They're extremely tough belts, I use them in bigger classes (5mm pitch) with success.

Weapon belt slippage (seriously you must be doing good research) is important, yes. You can either run the same HTD profile belt onto a non toothed pulley, which given the right tension will spin up fine (the yank from the brushless tensions the belt such that it grips like fury, but can still slip in impacts), or you can use ~4mm round belts in round groove pulleys. Less tough but more compact.

Weapon shaft diameter, I'd go no smaller than 8mm (assuming steel). 10mm feels right. If it's a drum you may need to go with titanium to save weight. For drive stuff, 4-6mm is the right region.

Edit: actually 8mm, assuming the drum bearings are positioned close up to the bulkheads, would probably be fine.
    Last edited by Ellis; 8th August 2015 at 19:00.

Looking really good. I use http://www.beltingonline.com/ for all things transmission, they have standard HTD widths but can also cut to any width you want.

like it!

Design looks awesome!

If you are limited in terms of manufacturing capabilities you could easily get those side panels laser cut by a company like laser-master depending on material.

Register To Comment