Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Combat Robot Hall of Fame -- 2015 nominations

Balloting Now Open at The Combat Robot Hall of Fame!

Balloting for 2021 has opened at The Combat Robot Hall of Fame. You may list as many robots as you like on your ballot, but you may submit only one ballot.

http://runamok.tech/hall_ballot_2021.html

Balloting will close on August 15th at 11:59 PM (PST).
    Last edited by runamok; 31st July 2021 at 16:12. Reason: Update for 2021

Tombstone in there?

Not in the main Hall of Fame, but it was an honourable mention in 2005. Can still be voted into the Hall.

Think I'll stick Witch Doctor down. Loved the impact it had against its opponents (Bronco aside) and the tenacity of little Shaman
    Last edited by RogueTwoRobots; 1st August 2015 at 10:20.

There's some name confusion around 'Tombstone' and 'Last Rites' -- Tombstone was the name Ray used for his 340 pound super-heavyweight 'bot that retired in 2005. 'Last Rites' was Ray's 220 pound heavyweight. For the 2009 BattleBots event, Ray wanted to enter a heavyweight but didn't want to contractually tie up the 'Last Rites' name, which BattleBots requires. The 'Tombstone' name was resurrected for a 'new' robot that was essentially the same design as 'Last Rites'.

The 'Tombstone' that has an honorable mention on the Combat Robot Hall of Fame is the superheavyweight version. I consider the 'Last Rites' in The Hall to be a version of the current 'Tombstone' -- so no need to vote for it again.

Confusing, yes?

Ive submitted but realised i forgot a robot off the list i feel definitely needs a mention (its an Antweight so i admittedly forgot about it). Is there any way to add to my list retrospectively?

Quote Originally Posted by Garfie489 View Post
    Ive submitted but realised i forgot a robot off the list i feel definitely needs a mention (its an Antweight so i admittedly forgot about it). Is there any way to add to my list retrospectively?
    Sure -- I track ballots by ISP, so just submit a second ballot that says, "...and I forgot: BOTNAMEHERE". No problem.

One week left to send in a ballot! As of today, I have more than 100 robots appearing on at least one ballot. Half a dozen robots have enough votes to be in contention for either full membership in the hall or an honorable mention, but that number can certainly change.

perfecting influential designs - 722 obviously

I appear to have lost my clearance to start a new thread! I'll tack on to the end of the 2015 notice for now -- perhaps someone might move this to a new thread?
    --------------------------

Combat Robot Hall of Fame -- 2017 nominations open!

The Combat Robot Hall of Fame (http://runamok.tech/hall_of_fame.html) was established in 2003 with builders voting to name the top combat robots of all time. The inaugural members achieved their status based on:

• Dominating success in combat
    • Pioneering or perfecting influential designs
    • Having great fan or entertainment appeal, or
    • Otherwise making a lasting impact on the sport.

The hall re-opens for membership in August of each odd-numbered year. Invitations to participate in the voting have been posted on combat robot builder forums in the US, UK, Australia, and India.

The 2017 balloting for membership in the Hall is now open. Balloting will close at midnight Pacific Daylight Time on Tuesday, August 15th, 2017. You may nominate as many robots as you like on your ballot - but you may submit only one ballot.

2017 Hall of Fame Ballot
    Last edited by runamok; 1st August 2017 at 04:30. Reason: link correction and color adjustment

The link doesn't seem to work for me. I'd love to nominate a few, though. Are people allowed to Re-nominate previous robots? As in, can I nominate a robot that previously got an honourable mention but I think deserves a place in the hall of fame?

Register To Comment