Register To Comment
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Kinematic Events / FRA Beetle Weight UK Championships - Bromsgrove 29th November 2015

Until I can rally the funds for Insecticide, beetles will be a side-show with the events I take it to (It almost wasn't at the AWS)..

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend.

I just wanted to point out that the kinematic event is the first stand alone UK champs for beetles.

Anyway.... I'm hoping to have some more information to give to you on the format etc of the UK Champs next weekend, work permitting.
    It's been a struggle to try find a balance to keep it fair, random and also stop the "one fight and you're out" situation happening as i know a lot of you are travelling quite far and to keep it fun for all.
    More good news - our sponsors Hobby King are donating more prizes, so more awards and prizes to give away etc.

PS - Make sure you log into the portal and update your robot stats - ready for the profiles to go public once we enable the photo upload facility. Its looking good.

Stu
    www.KinematicEvents.com
    Last edited by stu; 13th October 2015 at 15:49. Reason: Robot Info Reminder

In antweights we run double elimination with 4 - 8 groups (depending on numbers), the top 2 of each group going into the final 8 / 16. It's worked really well for many years. There's special charts that were made up for doing the draw by hand, (though this has since been automated via the antlog software). It's one possibility..

Many thanks for that information and possibility. We value other roboteers ideas and views. Though I don't think we will have enough time for double elimination like we did in Scotland. We have crunched the numbers out of how many battles etc and think we have found a balance. Even though beetle weights are not really much more hassle than ant weights to put in and take out of the arena, it will still take more time and effort to get through the battles. I'm sure all will be good and fair on the day.

We got through a 100 robot double elim tournament in 4 hours for ants in march.. Surely double elim's possible?

Not really when other stuff has to happen during the day also. And like I said, beetles are not as fast to put in and out of the arena etc.

Below is the final list of 36 robots which will be split into 9 heats (A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I), then following a knockout format we have created which also features a mixture of losers melees also to give robots more chances to stay in the main competition. More details of the competition format will be released next Sunday, with also a "change" from what has been done before.

1 Anvil 2
    2 Ash
    3 Atom
    4 Bananageddon
    5 Bar fight
    6 Blackout
    7 Bonecrusher mk3
    8 Epic Flail
    9 Fat lip
    10 FHQWHGADS
    11 First Left
    12 Flatulence
    13 Headbanger
    14 Hit'N'Miss
    15 Hyperion
    16 Inertia B
    17 Inertia B2
    18 Ion
    19 Limpet XS
    20 Lynx
    21 Mirrors Edge
    22 Mr Snappy 2
    23 Napalm Beach
    24 Newton
    25 Now You've Done It
    26 OverCharge
    27 Paradigm
    28 Pisces
    29 Rancid 3
    30 Ravage
    31 RPM
    32 Schiaparelli
    33 Spin Cycle
    34 Spinza
    35 Surprize
    36 Ysabelle

All other robots are on a reserve list and/or can take part in friendly battles during the day. If any team needs to withdraw from the competition - please let us know ASAP so we can slot someone else in. We will also be giving you details on how to vote for other teams/robots in the Kinematic Awards and more details about the days running's closer to the time. Also the event will run from 1:30pm until 6:30/7pm. So roboteers are to arrive at the venue for 12pm for check in and briefing and the draw.

For more information and the full list visit: http://kinematicevents.com/UKChampsFRA2015.php

NOTE - Teams which are entering more than 1 robot into the competition - please email us right away using the email address below - which team member is driving which robot. Thank you.

Any questions etc - just email us directly at Social@KinematicEvents.com

Important - An email has just been sent out to all teams, make sure you have received it! Check your junk/spam folder also etc. We need to make sure you are getting these important emails.

Kind Regards,
    Stu
    www.KinematicEvents.com
    Last edited by stu; 18th October 2015 at 18:01. Reason: added site/ info.

Does anyone need a couple of 240-3M-9 HTD belts?

Managed to buy the wrong size.

Register To Comment