Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First robot build - Trident (FW) Need help plz

Hmm, lets see. how high do you want to lift the opponent? Just enough to annoy him, or high enough for an OOTA?

In the first case, it doesn't matter. In the second case, you need to balance stroke with mechanical advantage.

The biggest problem will be protecting the linak from direct impacts.

And controlling it, a Botbitz 10A esc will do fine.

Interchangeable weaponry with linacs. Lifting spikes like Panic Attack or a bulldozerblade like Behemoth. Not much more options.
    A grabber/lifter like Mantis is another story.

My plan for Trident was to have him have a similar design to maelstrom and St argo, but instead of a double sided flipper, a double sided spike. If you don't get what I mean, 2 spikes go up which would lift up and 1spike would stay on the ground to give the robot 2 things.
    1. extra height to be able to do a OOTA if we needed to,
    and 2. It would give us an even balance, the same would happen when it is inverted, only 1 spike would go up and 2 would go down. I'll probably make a short video explaining what I mean tomorrow if you still don't understand.

Current interchangeable ideas.
    3 active spikes
    3 non active spikes
    No weapon
    Front mounted wedge (to stop super fast spinners)
    Spike with a nail ( to get into flywheel cuts)

My plans for most of the weapons will be made from HDPE as it is durable and tough.

Hope this helped you understand my concept.
    Any other ideas for interchangeable weapons? Post them down.

Your support is appreciated
    Many thanks
    Doodle
    Last edited by Doodle2411; 21st July 2015 at 22:19.

As Christmas draws near, and the robots go to rest for the winter, I decide to Revive the page. I was gone because of team problems, leaving only me left, I've also had a lot of thought about trident, and it looked good in my head, but not in paper, so now everything is now at square one, but that's the point of roboteering, trying things over and over again, I've also realised that buying pringles from my robot budget isn't a good idea.

So with only me on the team, a pencil in my hand and paper in the other, I strive to create my first robot (this time I'll put more effort into it.)

I have been creating a few videos on my youtube channel called Robots Review where I review robots from Robot wars and Battlebots, this extra research will also help me in the long run by seeing what is affective and what isn't.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCx1_hzcHrbaJDJq7AZSRfEg

Hopefully I will become better at doing this in the future, but for the moment I should start at the basics, drawings first.

Your support is appreciated
    Many thanks
    Doodle

If I buy pringles with the teams robot budget, there will be 2 results.
    A vanload of pringles at home (I don't eat the things)

A very pissed off team...

Yeah, but all the team had left before I started buying them, it was only until a week ago I realised I needed to stop and actually do something about the robot. I'll probably show drawings tomorrow.

i tell you what Doodle, my partner lives in Southampton and im going back up there in Jan, so if you need anyone to give you a hand for a day or two building or just to have a pint and a chat with id be glad to meet up! That goes for anyone really lol
    Could even join Team Pringle if you like haha!

A generous offer albear, but I will have to decline as this is officially my first solo project and I just want to see if it will work, if it doesn't then I shall try again.

Also, first drawing done, note that it is without a weapon which I plan to announce over the weekend.

IMG_20151218_153018480_HDR.jpg

Not a problem! drawing looks good, nice shape. where you going to put the weapon (s)?

Probably in the middle between the Trident's

Register To Comment