Register To Comment
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: BattleBots UK competitors :)

If Ghost Raptor was well designed and built it wouldn't have broken on the first hit. Its primary weapon had several design flaws and they just got lucky with the lifter.

I agree, ghost raptors design was shocking. If the bar was strong enough it would have been bad. A large bar that high and at an angle is about the worst possible way to do it, and that's before making the bar from two ultra thin sheets with only 10mm around the edge of the pivot.

They should have stuck with the original design and used Predaraptor

Their weapon motor was underpowered as well - given the lightweight bar, it spun up quite slowly. Predaraptor would have indeed been the better choice - maybe next year?

I suspect they weren't able to use PredaRaptor as-was as I'm fairly sure it made other TV appearances. I forget what show(s) or in what form, but perhaps that was why it had to be changed for BB.

It was in the Budweiser advert that Battlebots sued and I'm fairly sure it was banned from Battlebots after for legal reasons... At least, I recall that being the story at least

Edit: actually no that was Tripulta Raptor... Think the robots were somewhat related though so could still be a factor
    Last edited by Flag Captured; 16th July 2015 at 12:35.

Last edited by IceMaster; 16th July 2015 at 18:44.

Thanks for the spoiler - NOT!

what spoiler? Or didn't you know they could grow a mullet magicly and shave of a few years?

Picture 1 was shot at least a decade ago.
    Picture 2 you might have recognized as it was shot during the last champs
    Picture 3 was shot at BB and is taken out of one of the episodes.

OK, you fooled me pretty well - I was busy trying to un-see that first photo.

Register To Comment