Hi,

I'm in the process of buying the parts for my first robot, and I just wanted ask you guys if you think this would run ok without causing damage to the electronic components/blowing up horribly. And if this combination of parts would be problematic, what are the alternatives? I'm a student taking a year out between high school and University, so I have pretty limited budget. Having said that, I'm trying not to buy parts so cheap that they will break and need replacing within a relatively short time.

2 x Black & Decker CD12C 12v Cordless Drill Driver
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Bl...item5d559e60d0
Turnigy 2200mAh 4S 30C Lipo Pack -I've read a bit about 'over volting'. Would this battery be ok for the motors?
2 x Botbitz 85A ESC
FlySky 2.4ghz transmitter and receiver

Also, I was going to buy a FingerTech Mini Power Switch, as it was recommended in this video by Robowars Australia on Youtube. However I understand that in the UK robots need a removable link for competition. As I didn't think I'd be entering this robot into a competition, I thought the switch would be ok. Is that safe? Or would a removable link be preferable, even if the robot won't be used in combat?

Any help would be really appreciated!
Thanks very much.
-Dominic