Register To Comment
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with choosing parts for a first robot, please.

XT60s make great links because they have a very firm grip onto themselves which means they dont shake off easily.

Inversely however, they can sometimes be quite hard to remove by hand when you need to for the same reason :P

Make sure its either mounted well, or left completely loose and you wont get anything better for the ease of use

I would actually suggest you do try to use heatshrink. It's just good practice. All electrical products use heatshrink, which says something.

But then again, most electrical products don't need taking apart in a hurry :L You're right though, heatshrink is generally better practice, but I have more insulating tape than I do heatshrink or patience!

Going back to removable links; can't remember if it got mentioned before, but make sure it's secure and somewhere it can't get knocked out. Nothing is more annoying than losing a fight cause your link fell out

I just bought some of these since they were the same as the connector that came with the battery:
    https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dProduct=34477

Ok, sure. Heat shrink it is, then. But what thickness of heat shrink is usually needed? I did order some a few days ago but turns out it is the wrong thickness. :/

The link has to be in an easy to reach place, though, right?

Thanks very much for these responses!

Hm, right. I might get XT60s instead then since they are more compact. I'll think about it.

Thanks!

@ gizz

That's a really great idea! Thanks very much!

Ok, so basically my plan is to build a 4WD rambot with a wedge on the front and the back. I intend to use 10mm HDPE for Chassis/Armour, but I was wondering if HDPE is suitable for a wedge? Would HDPE be too soft to get the wedge close to the ground? As in, would the tip/end of the wedge become too blunt/rounded over to get underneath anything after a short amount of time?

Again, sorry about all these questions! The thread is already 6 pages long and I haven't even started to build the robot yet! (Though the DX6i Transmitter arrived in the post yesterday! Yay! )

Register To Comment