Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: carbon fiber

250g is about enough for an 180x180x6mm piece of polycarbonate, what are the dimensions of your robot?

Why do people cover their bots in so called armour , I just don't understand lol

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Why do people cover their bots in so called armour , I just don't understand lol
    Its not like your exoskeleton is any better John ;-)

Ok then I would use the 6mm polycarbonate and then just drill a load of 10-20mm holes in it, should be able to remove around a third of the weight of the panel and shouldn't affect its 'armouring'.
    Alternatively just get 4mm polycarbonate (would weigh 215g for the lid) or 1mm titanium would only weigh 200g (you can get a piece the size you need here: http://www.fingertechrobotics.com/pr...?prod=titanium only costs £10 but shipping is £10, let me know if you do order and I'll get some to and split postage if you'd like) you could probably even get away with the 0.8mm or even the 0.5mm of you really needed the weight elsewhere.

What are you currently using as a baseplate? Perhaps that could be replaced with sometime lighter as well?

Ok so base plate weighs 320g so if you replaced the bottom with 1mm titanium you could save 120g, then use another sheet for the lid that brings you to 1430g so 70g left to do your front scoop, perhaps more if you find another couple of areas to save a bit of weight. Should definitely be possible to get it in weight and would be easier than starting again from scratch.

Register To Comment