Register To Comment

Thread: Lem Vs Bosh Vs Etek Vs Whatever

I fried the 4th Lem in 8 weeks last weekend in Burgess Hill .
    I´ve used Boshes GPA 750 in my other robots .
    So it´s time to change the lem´s for something else .
    What can somebody advise me ... ?
    Boshes GPA 750 are an option but maybe something else ... ?

I have some perm motors if you ran lems they should not damage the esc but still lots more powerful then mags, I am changing to ampflow motors due to cooking esc's

That's s shame, the speed you had was insane ! Great to watch it in action I would imagine the next step down would be mags but the most powerful ones seem to go through brushes according to the nipper boys and ed hoppitt. I'm on the heavier mags with no problems.

I have 2 perms but they have a huge regenerative power ... to much for the wottys ... boshes seme to be the solution but there must be a better way ... storm 2 uses mags but also fried one in burgess hill ...

What about the motenergy motors? I've used them on other projects with a roboteq. They run well even though they are a low inductance motor and quality is decent, only problem is the keyway can be off sometimes (talking one in 50 examples maybe). Quite a few EV people use them too and speak highly of them

http://www.motenergy.com/me0909.html

You will struggle to get Bosch 750s now, there are no new ones available in the uk at least.

why not just regear the machine? If you are burning out motors, increase the gearing and put less strain on them.

Maybe Ampflow E40/300's?

I myself would look at Iskra. The 2 in Bullfrog are doing a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by typhoon_driver View Post
    why not just regear the machine? If you are burning out motors, increase the gearing and put less strain on them.
    I agree with Gary, all that effort would go to waste, and its much less expensive to swap some gears than redo all the mounts for another motor type (well, IMO anyway)

The gearboxes are as custom as they come, and swapping gears won't be easy.

Changing the motors is just adding an adaptorflange.

Register To Comment