Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kinematic Events / BeetleWeights.com - Bromsgrove 10th May 2015

Hi there,

After the first successful event we held at the Bradmore Arms Hungry Horse Pub in Wolverhampton, we have been booked to attend 15 more Pubs around the UK (Plus 5 in Scotland). One of which is the Court Leet in Bromsgrove. This is mainly a pay to battle event for the general public, but since the function room is a lot bigger, we can allow Ant weights to attend (Ant Weight Arena Needed first though) and a few beetle weight robots to have some fun. Could also have any other robots on display as there is more room. For people who visited the first Iron Games, this function room is twice the size.

I don't think we will be running a complete competition, but you are more than welcome to come use the arena, have some fun battles - smash up some old VCR/Sky boxes or whatever you can get your hands on. Maybe Krank might even play with the Beetles this time. Though I'm sure we can get a pint or 2 for a winner if a mini competition takes place or a Hungry Horse Gift Card.

Please Email me on info@KinematicEvents.com if you wish to attend.

UPDATE - This is a pay to battle event only now due to sadly only 2 teams were able to make it at short notice. Again on't worry - more dates/pub venues will be announced in due course with some of them being full on competition events.

Take Care,
    Stu
    http://www.KinematicEvents.com / https://www.facebook.com/KinematicEvents
    Last edited by stu; 26th April 2015 at 13:56. Reason: Update on Event Status

We might be able to do it, I`ll know nearer the time.

Any idea roughly when the Scottish ones will be? Would be good to have a deadline to have some beetles running...

Also, looking at the website it looks like there are only 4 Scottish Hungry Horse restaurants (Braehead, Clydebank, Greenock, East Kilbride), At least they're all only about 20mins from my house, Jamie and I might have a chance at winning something at an event where its only us who turn up too :P.

we have been booked to attend 15 more Pubs around the UK (Plus 5 in Scotland)
    Scotland is still part of the UK

But yeah if the date suits and I can build something a bit more competitive than Flatulence, I'll be there. Gotta try and stem this trophy drought somehow; been ten years since I last won anything robot-related!

Only 95% confirmed, but http://www.hungryhorse.co.uk/pubs/titan-clydebank . And aim is for Monday 3rd August for that one. We will be staying at that Hotel all week also.

Can almost see it from my house, suits me perfectly

New dates are on the web site. And a few more beetles are interested in this event so come on down

Register To Comment