Register To Comment
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Disturbance

They look a little heavy Calum.

Go home grant

Having no time what so ever to get this done! But cncing new mounts for this beater next week intime for the insomnia gaming festival robochallenge event! No more 100% boring box shud get my new wheels sorted intime for this too

DSC_0053.jpg

The new mounts will allow the robot to run upside down on its rear 2 wheels without interfering with the weapon! Got a new much more powerful magnet on order too

So set up wise I'll have,
    Full hardox shell for dealing with spinners.
    Flappy shell- which gets under almost anything!
    And the beater set up which will be for nice chunky robots who like to fly about!

Progress! Working nights is mint when the managers leave half way through the shift! Haha

Machined the battery frame to allow the battery to spin around so it clears the beater motor. Put the new beater pully on a lathe and drilled the center out also, tonight I'll be drilling and pining the pully to the beater so wish me luck!
    Altered the front motors rear support to clear the beater and motor.

The speed 900 and bracket are from Ts3 which in its heyday was mint so sticking with that for ease. Next week's job is to get the beater mounts remade!
    Ordered a shorter timing belt also.

DSC_0062.jpgDSC_0061.jpg

This thing is gonna liquefy some serious eggs when it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by R9000 View Post
    This thing is gonna liquefy some serious eggs when it's done.
    Its been around for a while but never been able to fully utilise all its power. When it does work its a dangerous little machine sop once its working... watch out!

Progress...

beater setups almost done. Few mechanical bits to sort out still mind.
    Gone with a loose ground skimming flappy strip of hardox ground down to a point along the front edge in the hope flippers will ride up it and get their blades mangled!

Still needs a rewire yet too, due to time Im sticking with the beater mounts dave made all those years ago as they'll do the job for now

After almost 2 years it'll be nice having a spinner again!

DSC_0081.jpgDSC_0080.jpg

Looking awesome mate!

Speed 900's FTW! Looking great Can't wait to see you back in the arena.

Spent the last few hours rewiring! All done accept for the weapon speedo as I was getting fed up by this point!

Popped over to the coopers Saturday to use their miller and lathe so big thanks to them. Successfully pinned the beater to the pully. Feels nice and solid.

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

Need to make a little tensioner for the weapon belt, Mount the fuse into its new place then mill some weight out of the large outer drive bulkheads as it was 13.5 before rewiring and adding extra welds to the outer shell!

DSC_0092.jpg

Register To Comment