Register To Comment

Thread: Independant Telemetry for robots

I am Looking for some type of Independent telemetry for my heavyweight robots.

The Idea is to use it on the robots when changes have been made, or for diagnostic purposes when you get those annoying intermediate faults.

I don't want one tied to the radio gear as I use DX6 and nothing will be compatible to that old stuff!

I'm looking for info on LiPo batteries (6s) , current drawn and volts, also some temperature sensors for the motors.

There is a company IISI from Switzerland. who make something, but I know people here will have experience in this field and help would be appreciated.

I recommend the Eagletree eLogger: http://www.eagletreesystems.com/inde...&product_id=54. Get the 150 amp version with the leads, not the deans connectors, that is the most flexible version. I have been using one for years and its been extremely reliable and useful. Eagletree have good support and regular firmware updates. The last time I checked, this unit had the best sample rate and current sensing and was about equal on all the other features.

Hi Looks good, however is 150A enough for logging 2 big Mag motors?

It sometimes peaks out on my short Mag weapon motor but I don't know of any small, cheap logger with more than 150A capability. If you come across one, I'd be interested. To get a really high current capacity, you would probably have to log the voltage across a large shunt resistor, which would likely not be as accurate as something like the eLogger with a hall effect sensor.

Have you used it with the elogger 900 MHz wireless telemetry kit. as one of the goals is to have real time telemetry.

No, I just download the data and view the graphs later. If you don't want to spend the extra cash, there is a live mode where you view data via a USB cable, which is handy on the bench. You can also simulate live data by videoing the bot and playing back the data and video later.

Edit: unless you want the live telemetry for actual matches, I find that viewing the data as graphs on screen is far more informative than as numbers on a tiny screen. I have a in-radio telemetry and I am always too busy looking at the bots to check the transmitter screen.
    Last edited by overkill; 21st February 2015 at 21:37.

Register To Comment