Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The return of Battlebots?!

Plus with Robogames the prior month how would we know if there will be any available robots to enter?

Quote Originally Posted by brandon_nichols View Post
    Plus with Robogames the prior month how would we know if there will be any available robots to enter?
    Bots going to Robogames will likely not be eligible for Battlebots; the email hints at a different weight similar to the standard heavyweight class. In the past Battlebots has insisted that entrant bots are exclusive to the show, so existing bots probably wouldn't be allowed even if they met the design rules. At the last 'one-off' Battlebots event, all the bots were either existing Battlebot competitors or purpose built for the one event. I remember seeing some leaked photos of Dick Stuplich's bot (an offset horizontal spinner) and that bot has never been seen since.

Yeah, this might look promising but I really don't think it will happen, sadly.

You got there actually for money, that was the only bot for battlebots?

What was there the paid one takes part, or as usual everything out of pocket?

All weights will fight against each other?? What a retarded idea that is.

Separate weight classes will be eliminated so that robots of all sizes will battle against each other.
    I'm guessing that actually just means that there will be only one weight class...

Ugh... that is a huge mistake.

The original BattleBots letter suggested they were looking at a single and completely new weight class - the entertainment site is probably wrong. Its great that ABC is backing this, I thought it would be a cable channel like Discovery.

Register To Comment