Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mosh - Heavyweight rammer

Recently got hold of Yank/Omega that I will be modifying for combat, the drive train is solid and plenty of power so looking at making it invertible, armouring it up and adding a wedge. Intended as a very fun robot to drive when I get the chance to bring it so just wanting something reliable I can put it without much in the way of maintenance. Pics to follow shortly but this should be a relatively easy conversion (Famous last words but ohhhhhh well)

For anyone that knows me, the name is also very fitting and will have an even more fitting pun on it but that will need to be seen
    Last edited by mattsdragons; 13th December 2014 at 20:49.

I'll grab some when I have all 4 wheels back on it.

Rough spec run down for anyone who doesn't know:

Bosch 750 drive
    Upgraded Wotty 360 ESC
    Optipower lipos giving 36v
    3.2mm hardox armor
    4x 18inch quadbike wheels

The footprint of this machine is insane, even with 750's it will have enough power and grip to out push most and bearly fits in my shed yet alone down the pit!

Thought bosch 750s needed a good bit of nursing to be able to run at 36v.

It ran on 36v anyway and can pull a land-rover no problem but I will look into it, see if dropping the voltage slightly is worth doing

I would have thought that if the wheels got good traction the 750's would stall , what's the gear ratio and speed ?

Just realised Matt I imaging you don't want the Bosch 750 toxic2 motors and drive system now ?

Messaged you terry regarding that but....

Its geared for a massive amount of torque, off the top of my head it's 12-15mph but its instant speed which I am happy about

you might want to have a look at this, its yank racing my vorza a few years ago

Register To Comment