Register To Comment
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feather weight spinner questions

jumping back abit- but i personally stand by speed 900s and wouldnt rule them out. Never failed or anything running TS3s beater and the hits thats dished out over the years have done the job

Quote Originally Posted by maddox10 View Post
    *But I prefer a smooth pulley on the disk. Call it a quirk.
    This interesting. I know most people run a smooth pulley on the weapon. Conker and Binky seem to be in the minority. Conker has toothed pulleys on both, which is why it can reach insane speeds despite the wind resistance, and Binky had a one way bearing, its still good after 2.5 years of combat and testing.

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    Atm im looking at 36T on disc and 12T on the motor, the only ones i can find like this are for a 11mm belt, would that thickness be ok in a fight?
    The T5 HTD belts come in 9mm, 15mm and 25mm. All 3 are in use. The wider the belt is the less likely it is to break, but it also presents more of a target and takes up more width. The 9mm is more than strong enough but if you are using a friction drive, its reduced surface area will be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Eventorizon View Post
    This interesting. I know most people run a smooth pulley on the weapon. Conker and Binky seem to be in the minority. Conker has toothed pulleys on both, which is why it can reach insane speeds despite the wind resistance, and Binky had a one way bearing, its still good after 2.5 years of combat and testing.
    Having a smooth pulley is purely to take alot of the shock out of the motors when you impact something andd unless you have it really loose wont make any difference to the speeds your disc can get up to. 720 has the highest top rpm spinner at the moment and that's on a smooth pulley, and Rango has about the fastest spin up time again on a smooth pulley. Its all personal preference but its there to help the rest of the system from shock by adding abit of slip.

Register To Comment