Register To Comment

Thread: Entanglement Rule

They aren't allowed and never have been. Chainsaws work on a different principle to the spinners in the arena. Chain saw takes lots of little bites and so a fabric can jam it up. Spinners generally unleash energy in a single large impact. Your chainsaw trousers would be useless to absorb it.

Look into thick pieces of wood if you want to absorb the energy from a spinner whilst still fighting on. 2 to 3 inch thick plus.

Quote Originally Posted by typhoon_driver View Post
    Look into thick pieces of wood if you want to absorb the energy from a spinner whilst still fighting on. 2 to 3 inch thick plus.
    I recall Conker 2 did that against Drumroll, and there was also Plastic Fantastic vs Demon, there's videos of those on Youtube - both used wood or plastic to really good effect there. Disposable outer armour seems to be the way to go for anti-spinner stuff from what I've seen. That and again, all the hardox.

Conker 2 had MDF as the rear armour as I left the piece of HDPE at uni. It got totally shredded, much to the surprise of Jamie would was expecting sparks and what he got was an explosion of sawdust.

As gary points out, chainsaw trousers and that kind of thing don't work against discs of bars. It might be possible to use steel cable in loops on the outer armour but you risk entanglement and disqualification as a result. A beauty style exoskeleton does work well against horizontals as the weapon can get trapped but since they are fixed and the holes are quite big, entanglement is very unlikely.

Against verticals though... sloped armour and getting under your opponent is your best option, so they can never hit you.

Register To Comment