Register To Comment
Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA FW 2015 World Championships - Hosted by Robo Challenge

9 points was often borderline for making it through when it was three qualifying rounds. With four rounds, that score will almost certainly not be enough (although with it being 18 robots instead of 10 going through, could maybe sneak in at the bottom?)
    Last year I got two KOs and two 2nd places giving 12 points. If I manage that again this year, I'll be happy. Don't fancy the uncomfortable wait that comes with working out if your score falls in the threshold and whether you've made it through, so just gonna destroy everything in my path

Quote Originally Posted by james...venom View Post

So looking at the draw how many points do you think your robot will score and how many will the cut off point be? My feel with Predator is I need to get 1 knockout and 3 second places would get me to 10 points but im not sure if thats enough?
    Id agree that itll be 10 for a tie breaker, with 11 to go through auto.

Problem with my draw is there are so many variables i dont know about.

Fight 1: Defector vs Catharsis vs 722
    Fight 2: Defector vs Flow vs Decimator
    Fight 3: Defector vs Binky vs DCH
    Fight 4: Defector vs Tormenta 3 vs Endeavour

Will Flow work? - i could beat Binky last year but i hear its much improved - can i get under Tormenta? - will it actually be in 1 piece after the first fight.

I think i can certainly win at least one by knockout, with 2nds in the rest. Though possibly also get another win along the way with abit of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfie489 View Post
    Will Flow work?
    No

More characters

As long as hatchet does better than last year i'm not overly bothered about getting through to the knock outs, winning one damn fight would be doing better than last time so.....yeah... bars pretty low.

I managed 13 points last year, but looking at this years I will be lucky to scrape 10. If all goes to form then I should get 10, but I feel I may end up with as low as 4.

Thursday Q2: Mr Mangle v Boneyard v Devils Coach Horse

Thursday Q4: Mr Mangle v Ironside 2 v Disturbance

Friday Q5: Mr Mangle v 722 v Glutton

Friday Q7: Little Hitter v Mr Mangle v Ice Storm

Q5 with 722 and Glutton is going to be an absolute bloodbath, so I am looking for at least two KO's to make up for that to qualify.

Glutton: http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/thre...2-team-k-a-l-m

Tormenta 3 vs DB10 vs Glutton
    Tormenta 3 vs Little Nipper vs Glutton
    Tormenta 3 vs Endeavour (reserve/TBC) vs Ice Storm
    Tormenta 3 vs Defector vs Endeavour (reserve/TBC)

I am expecting to get wrecked in the first fight. Two meaty spinners with good drive, something has to give, probably my robot. The second fight could be even more brutal. Who do I ignore? The vertical spinner which could OOTA or bend chassis parts, or the hugely powerful crusher? Lol.

The other two fights I am less worried about, assuming T3 isn't totalled by this point they will come down to driving so could go to anyone.

From the render, Glutton does not seem to be invertible and those large forks might prevent the weapon from self-righting. I'm going straight for 722...

@ Ellis: bad luck with all those spinners!

Register To Comment