Register To Comment
Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA FW 2015 World Championships - Hosted by Robo Challenge

Roboteer

In my opinion it should be everybody qualifying over two days. It makes it a level playing field so everybody has the same chance to draw everybody. It is The World Championship. If you are entering be prepared to be there for four days. There is enough time to arrange hotels etc.
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011

Just inquiring as I will have to get the time booked off work but im sure all will come out soon enough

Roboteer

Yep. I had to send a begging e-mail to my Regional Manager as in my role within the company I am not meant to take any time off in April.
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011

All paid up . Most of my stuff showed up so hopefully there's lots of time for testing. So keen!

Also any place you could point me that has a description of how the event goes wrt format and so on. I'm largely piecing it together from last year's vids

I don't know which I'm more worried about, you using that as armour on Decimator, or you using it to test Decimator on...

For the tournament format, (last year anyways) each machine had 4 x 3 way fights, points were awarded: 4 for win by KO, 3 for win by Judges Decision, 2 for second, 1 for last and 0 for not making it in the arena

The top however many machines then went into head to head stage where it was flat out 1v1, but were allowed a route back into the competition via a losers Melee which had 3 or 5 machines in depending on the round. I think there were 5 rounds and then the semi finals and grand finals, with a 3rd place playoff

I'm on my phone at the minute but I'll draw up something more detailed when I get home from uni if that helps!

Where'd you get a sheet of Armox from? I thought it was not sold to normal folks, just military contracts and the like.

Glen works for a military training robot company - most bot builder's dream job!

Quote Originally Posted by razerdave View Post
    Where'd you get a sheet of Armox from? I thought it was not sold to normal folks, just military contracts and the like.
    Mario has some too, Defectors wedge is made from it.

Yeah but only sample pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by razerdave View Post
    Yeah but only sample pieces.
    Only need a little bit of it for armour, the sample size is plenty sufficient. Work would kick my ass if I took any new/old stock haha. Cheers for the event run down as well. 3 way robot fights are always fun.

Looks like i'll be in burrmingum from Tuesday afternoon on too if anyone wants to catch up for pre event drinks
    Last edited by GlenR; 20th January 2015 at 13:06.

Register To Comment