Register To Comment
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranglebox.com

higgeh
    Can your gearboxes be made using longer shafts?

Quote Originally Posted by higgeh View Post
    Can your gearboxes be made using longer shafts?
    Hi, assuming you're referring to the Saturn-16, the length of the output shaft (along with other dimensions) is fixed. It would be possible to produce a longer version, but without access to the right tools, at a very high cost - it's a complicated one-piece gear carrier and shaft.

higgeh
    just the way im looking at driving my wheels needs a long shaft so i can have a wheel direct attached, a gear for a chain and some form of support.

back to the drawing board

higgeh
    cheers for the help. Should be able to get over my problem by using a couple of collars to compensate.

Thanks again.

If you have to elongate that immensely long shaft of the Saturn, make sure there is support on the outside.

In the past, people fitted 30mm wide wheels and 20mm wide timing pullies on standard batterydrill drives. And that shaft is barely 20mm long.

higgeh
    yeah looking at 45mm wheels with 22mm gears so that takes me up to 87mm then I will be supporting it with a bearing at the far side that's about 10-15mm wide so that's me up to 102mm call it 105mm to be safe.

Should be fine with a collar will also make changing wheels a bit easier :-) Will do some more design work then try and get an order in once stock of the 85A controllers goes up again.

Register To Comment